We are looking for a full-time Junior Web Developer to join our IT team on a permanent basis, providing operational support mainly to our front-end development team, but also the Back-end and R&D teams as and when required. The Junior Web developer will work within the Front-end team, under the supervision of and liaising closely with the IT Manager.
Candidates should have a sound working knowledge of and experience (commercial or academic) with Front-end web development (HTML/CSS/Node.JS/React), Git, and ideally have some PHP or python knowledge. The candidate should be familiar with web/mobile layout and security best practices as well as the understanding on how to configure a website or web-app to be supported across various web browsers.
Candidates should enjoy debugging, troubleshooting and solving technical problems, and have an interest in developing their knowledge and experience of the various web development technologies they will be working with. Support, mentoring and training will be provided.
All candidates will be evaluated fairly, on their merits and suitability for the role.
- Actively supporting the Front-end team with the configuration, monitoring and development of web applications, under the supervision of and liaising closely with the IT Manager;
- Supporting the Back-end and R&D teams as and when necessary;
- Keeping up to date with and learning emerging technologies of relevance or interest.
Skills & experience:
A sound working knowledge of:
- Git – we are looking for someone who is comfortable with all the most commonly used Git operations (init, add, status, commit, log, branch, checkout, remote, push, pull, fetch, merge, stash);
- Web deployment – able to manage uploading and maintenance of web applications.
Nice to have:
- Degree (e.g. BSc, MSc) in a scientific discipline, preferably Computer Science.
siHealth Ltd, Harwell Campus (www.harwellcampus.co.uk), Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
Permanent position, full-time, salary level indicatively between £25,000 and £35,000 yearly gross (to be defined depending on candidate’s experience)
How to apply:
Please send your CV together with a brief covering letter to careers@sihealth. co. uk for the attention of Ms Donna Bowman (HR & Accounts Manager).
For this position, no recruitment agency support is envisaged.