We are looking for a Firmware Engineer to join our team in order to being involved into the design, development and maintenance of wearable devices for healthcare, developing firmware for embedded systems (with and without an operating system). The Engineer will mainly work together with the IT Team for the development of innovative wearable integrated to mobile healthcare applications, collaborating also with the R&D Team.
All candidates will be evaluated fairly, on their merits and suitability for the role.
The Firmware Engineer will have the following main responsibilities:
- programming in C/C++ language for microcontrollers/microprocessors;
- definition of technical documentation and product specifications;
- testing and validation of products.
Skills & experience:
- Knowledge of wired communication protocols (ADC, SPI, I2C, UART);
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols (Bluetooth LE);
- In-depth knowledge of the C / C ++ language;
- Knowledge of development / debug environments and related configurations;
- Knowledge of toolchains, bootloaders and cross-compilations;
- Working experience on firmware development (1-2 years at least);
- Good teamwork skills and eligible to live & work in the UK by the start of the employment .
Nice to have:
- Degree (e.g. PhD, MSc) in Electronic Engineering or similar;
- Experience in the implementation of firmware architectures for applications;
- Experience on Bluetooth LE communication between devices and iOS/Android apps;
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming, parallel and/or distributed computing;
- Experience in the management of electronic suppliers and in electronics innovation.
siHealth Ltd, Harwell Campus (www.harwellcampus.co.uk), Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
Permanent position, full-time, salary level indicatively between £30,000 and £40,000 yearly gross (to be defined depending on candidate’s experience)
How to apply:
Please send your CV together with a brief covering letter to careers@sihealth. co. uk for the attention of Ms Donna Bowman (HR & Accounts Manager).
For this position, no recruitment agency support is envisaged.