We are seeking for an enthusiastic intern to take on an exciting role within our R&D team concerning the use of Atmospheric Science for healthcare-oriented applications based on Earth Observation satellites. The R&D Intern will collaborate in the development of innovative techniques for the real-time monitoring and forecasting of air pollution and of its effects on healthcare. This will require development of our high-throughput big data algorithms for satellite data elaboration along with an appreciation of the health implications for human skin.
The work will be performed mainly in collaboration with RAL Space (https://www.ralspace.stfc.ac.uk/Pages/home.aspx) and aimed to the development of innovative digital solutions dedicated to skin care, like mobile apps for healthy skin in combination with dermocosmetic products. This role represents an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company and make a real impact on its success, paving the way also for a possible career in the R&D department
- develop algorithms and software for elaborating Earth Observation satellites, monitoring air pollutants (e.g. aerosols, tropospheric ozone) with direct/indirect impacts on skin care;
- perform data inter-comparison and validation with respect to ground-based data, possibly publishing the related results in peer-reviewed papers and at scientific conferences;
- research, design, develop and verify data analysis systems.
Skills & experience:
- Excellent analytical and time management skills;
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude;
- Knowledge in atmospheric physics and experience of data analytics;
- Eligible to live and work in the UK by the start of the employment .
Nice to have:
- Degree (e.g. MSc, PhD) in a scientific discipline, preferably Physics or Mathematics;
- Experience with computer programming and/or scripting languages (Python, MATLAB, C/C++).
siHealth Ltd, Harwell Campus (www.harwellcampus.co.uk), Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
Full-time, 6-months internship contract (potentially extendable), salary indicatively between £15,000 – £25,000 yearly gross
How to apply:
Please send your CV together with a brief covering letter to careers@sihealth. co. uk for the attention of Ms Donna Bowman (HR Manager).
For this position, no recruitment agency support is envisaged.