We are looking for an experienced Back-end Software Engineer to join our IT team on a permanent basis, being responsible for the back-end side of our mobile/web applications for healthcare digital solutions.
The Back-end Software Engineer will work closely with our IT developers/engineers and with the R&D team both to ensure system consistency and to improve user experience. Ultimately, the Back-end Software Engineer should be able to design, develop and maintain functional & stable software for reaching the company’s objectives.
The ideal candidate should be able to autonomously perform the work following best practices for SW design, SW performance optimisation, scalability, reliability and testing. Reporting to the IT Development Team Manager, this role will be a hands-on position, based on the collaboration with the team to develop, support, test and maintain our software solutions.
As a Back-End Software Engineer you can expect to earn a competitive salary, yearly reviewed considering the company’s business results.
- Producing and releasing documentation on all software development life-cycle phases (starting from software analysis & design)
- Collaborating with front-end SW developers/engineers and R&D team
- Gathering and addressing technical/design requirements
- Following emerging technologies worldwide
Skills & experience required:
- Proven work experience as a back-end SW developer/engineer (OOP – RESTful API) for 3+ years
- Experience as Software Analyst in the design of IT systems
- Hands-on experience in the following programming languages:
- C# (advanced)
- Python (advanced)
- PHP (basic)
- Hands-on experience with virtualization solutions and cloud computing platform (preferred Microsoft Azure)
- Good background in SW development/implementation of algorithms
- Familiarity with SQL language and relational databases (PostgreSQL, SqlServer)
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
Nice to have:
- Degree in Computer Science or in Engineering or in related subjects
- experience on Unit testing and CI/CD
- experience on Docker containers
- experience on managing and processing of geographic data and spatial databases (e.g. PostGIS, GDAL libraries)
siHealth Ltd, Harwell Campus (www.harwellcampus.co.uk), Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
Permanent position, full-time, competitive salary indicatively from £35,000-£40,000 yearly gross (to be defined depending on candidate’s experience)
How to apply:
Please send your CV by email to schedule an informal discussion about this opportunity:
Dr Marco Morelli (CTO) – marco.morelli@sihealth .co .uk